SOLIDserver™ is a unique market solution providing built-in functionalities allowing registration, provisioning, planning and management of the full life-cycle of IPv4/IPv6 addressing and naming services for operators' networks. EfficientIP's DDI solution manage the global life cycle management of the IP addressing plans and DNS and DHCP services. These solutions offer the ability to quickly deploy new services whilst creating robust architectures.
SOLIDserver™ offers solutions for:
- Optimizing the consumption of IP resources (addresses, subnets, pools).
- Modeling, standardizing and automating administrative procedures.
- Simplifying the delegation of resource deployment with collaborative work tools.
- IPv6 success deployment.
- Speed of services deployment.
- Reduced cost.
- Alignment of business and IT objectives.
Modeling Complex IP Addressing Plan DesignsSOLIDserver™ IPAM appliance supports the modeling of multiple IPv4 and IPv6 address plans as required by the Network Providers’ organization (VRF, MPLS, IP-VPN, BGP AS, circuits, network peering, NOC's loopbacks), geographic zones (points of presence location) and/or entities (subsidiaries, customers).
It is possible to mix and match models to build a tailor-made address structure. There is no limitation on the number of levels and depth of the IP plan that can be defined. All branches of this tailor-made tree structure can be independent or not. The flexibility and scalability of hierarchical tree structures certify easiness of modifications. It is possible to quickly reorganize, extend or migrate IP addressing plans according to network evolutions and company restructuration.
Each part of the addressing plan can have its own IPAM rules of resource consumption, documentation and its own methods of organization. Based on this unique approach it is possible to apply your IPAM policies on top of the IP addressing plan to streamline IP consumption and qualification.
IPAM Provisioning Process Modeling and AutomationA service provider’s business services delivery relies upon his IP addressing plan which is the foundation of the service deployment. As a consequence IPAM processes are at the heart of the business delivery and have to be managed not only from a technical perspective but also from a business perspective:
- Faster business services deployment
- Cut costs and increase productivity at the same time
- Increase global service level agreement and customer satisfaction by eliminating error
- IPAM is the reflect of the company organization
SOLIDserver™ helps you improve your business agility and capacity utilization, shrinks provisioning time, and improves administrator productivity.
Streamline IP Addressing Plan DocumentationSOLIDserver™ enables you to create graphically unlimited numbers of fully customized templates of forms for IP objects. Each IP object template, named "Class", can have a specific list of user-defined fields of Meta Data such as device location, Circuit Number, Line Speed, serial number or whatever is important to be qualified by the user according to the company's needs. Thus, it is possible to create dedicated Classes for specific network objects for the deployment of routers, servers, agency subnets or external DNS zones.
Classes are a simple tool designed to guarantee consistency and efficiency of the IP qualification by:
- Streamlining data qualification
- Eliminating all configuration and qualification errors
- Guiding system administrators
- Ensure consistency in deployment
IP Space Fragmentation Control and ManagementSOLIDserver™ ensures a maximum optimization of subnet consumption for optimal summarization. It identifies available subnets, according to required user-defined criteria (location, size), generating less fragmentation in the address space, allowing the administrator to organize the creation of contiguous address ranges in an optimum way. SOLIDserver™ facilitates CIDR utilization in the network and minimizes the number of routes.
Unify Processes with Built-In Work Flow FeaturesSOLIDserver™ offers a unique working methodology to Service providers, through the application of a homogeneous management policy of requests’ processing. Requests are user-defined forms. The content of each form can be defined according to the type of request —technical information, services, and request justification.
By allowing addresses attribution and liberation requests management, the Workflow management provision built-in to SOLIDserver™ offers four key benefits:
- Streamline resource request with user-defined forms for all IP resources
- Unify IPAM processes and synchronize activities of network teams
- Advanced status management and follow-up (new, handled, cancelled, rejected, in progress)
- History of all requests with email exchanges archiving
Complete Life-Cycle RIR Declaration Management and AutomationThe assignment of Internet IP addresses is governed by rules to which the operators have to refer and comply with. SOLIDserver™ integrates these rules in order to streamline and industrialize the declarations to the RIR:
- Aggregation: Ensure assignment of 80% of allocated IP addresses by your RIR before requesting new allocation from your RIR.
- Registration: Register all required IP address assignment.
- Conservation: Archive all exchanges with RIR.