The continuous growth of devices, applications, or VLANs, coupled with virtualization and mobility has dramatically increased the complexity of the IT infrastructure, complicating management - visibility, control and reliability. To meet the challenges of a constantly changing IP-based environment, network infrastructure and device management must rely on consistent, unified and streamlined processes.
EfficientIP's Device Manager is a sophisticated and fully integrated network interface management solution that is complementary to SOLIDserver™ DDI suite of appliances, VLAN Manager and NetChange. It delivers a unified management of devices and network interfaces with DNS-DHCP-IPAM and VLANs-VRF in a single process.
EfficientIP's DDI appliance defines and manages the complex relationships among IP related resources. This holistic solution provides a consistent, accurate and dynamic inventory and process automation. Device Manager's unique end-to-end approach strengthens the network foundation, mitigates network downtime risk, cuts operating costs, and reinforces infrastructure security.
Device Manager: Dynamic Devices & Network Interfaces RepositoryNetwork Interface Management
Device Manager's repository delivers comprehensive enterprise wide visibility of all hardware and virtual device types (switch, server, router, printer, IP phone, etc.) and their properties (name, number/interface type, OS, serial number).
NetChange network discovery tool automatically gathers information and builds-up the Device Manager's inventory for fast and easy setup. Manual adds and bulk device imports are also supported. Device Manager is designed to dynamically interoperate with existing IT asset management solutions (ITAM) to unify IT repositories and processes.
Design, Control and Streamline Your Network Interface Allocations
The web-based User Interface enables the user to design and to visualize connections between different devices dramatically speeding up the process of resource provisioning, planning, and assurance.
- Organize network interface with tags (backup, production, admin etc...) and naming conventions to streamline allocation
- Define network interface connections between devices (i.e. server-switch) strengthening network architecture and mitigating risk of downtime
- Control and leverage infrastructure investments by planning and anticipating capacity requirements
- Delegate device deployments through wizard-driven processes
Unify and Automate DDI and VLAN Deployments With Your Network Topology
Device Manager is fully integrated and complementary to SOLIDserver™ DDI appliances, bringing an unparalleled ability to manage in a single process the complete chain of resource allocations, from the IP address, VLAN and DNS to devices and network interfaces.
- Comprehensive visibility of all IP-related resources
- End-to-end network deployment consistency control
- Advanced management automation, save time and prevent network downtime
- Dual Stack Management delivers a unified view and provisioning of IPv4-IPv6 addresses allocated to network interfaces and devices
- Best practices enforcement through policy-driven deployment
End-to-End Reconciliation Management
Device Manager is an essential complementary solution to NetChange, EfficientIP's network discovery tool. Thanks to SOLIDserver™'s intelligent technology, the network is truly visible, easily analyzed and compared with unified DDI, VLAN, and Device Manager repositories. EfficientIP delivers a true and complete reconciliation capability inclusive of IP address connections to network device interfaces and VLANs.